What is the Formula Student?
Students build a single seat formula racecar with which they can compete against teams from all over the world. The competition is not won solely by the team with the fastest car, but rather by the team with the best overall package of construction, performance, and financial and sales planning.
Formula Student challenges the team members to go the extra step in their education by incorporating into it intensive experience in building and manufacturing as well as considering the economic aspects of the automotive industry. Teams take on the assumption that they are a manufacturer developing a prototype to be evaluated for production. The target audience is the non-professional Weekend-Racer, for which the racecar must show very good driving characteristics such as acceleration, braking and handling. It should be offered at a very reasonable cost and be reliable and dependable. Additionally, the car's market value increases through other factors such as aesthetics, comfort and the use of readily available, standard purchase components.
The challenge the teams face is to compose a complete package consisting of a well constructed racecar and a sales plan that best matches these given criteria. The decision is made by a jury of experts from the motorsport, automotive and supplier industries. The jury will judge every team's car and sales plan based on construction, cost planning and sales presentation. The rest of the judging will be done out on the track, where the students demonstrate in a number of performance tests how well their self-built racecars fare in their true environment.
Formula Student teams supported by stahlbus
We find this approach to train students practice very commendable and support it like several teams with our products.
Currently the following teams will be supported by us:
- HAWKS Hamburg
- TH Stuttgart
- Greenteam Stuttgart
- TU Graz (e und c-Power)
- FH Graz-joanneum-racing-graz
- TH Paderborn
- HS Esslingen
- TU Wien
- TU Berlin - FaSTTUBe
- TU Darmstad (dart-racing)
- RWTH Aachen
- Racetech Racing Team TU Bergakademie Freiberg e.V.
- Infinity Racing, HS Kempten
- BTU Motorsport, Cottbus
- TH Nürnberg Georg Simon Ohm, Strohm und Söhne
- High-Octane Motorsports, TU Erlangen
- EVOLUTION RACING TEAM SAAR, THW Saar
- KaRaT, Kaiserslautern Racing Team
- HSNR Racing Team, Hochschule Niederrhein, Krefeld
- Green Voltage Racing e.V., TU Clausthal
- Bodensee Racing Team, HTWG Konstanz
- DHBW Engineering Stuttgart
- e-gnition Hamburg
- Bern Formula Student
- RUB Motorsport e.V.
- RACE-ING, FH Dortmund
- Os-car-O Racing Team, FH Campus Wien
- Running Snail Racing Team, Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule Amberg - Weiden
- GreenLion Racing, Bergische Universität Wuppertal
- BRS Motorsport e.V., Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
- THM Motorsport Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen, Giessen
- Elefant Racing e.V., Bayreuth
- Raceyard E - Formula Student Team Kiel
- Starkstrom Augsburg - Formula Student Team Augsburg
- Mainfranken Racing e.V.- Formula Student Team Schweinfurt
- Baltic Racing - Formula Student Team Stralsund